Sunday, September 12, 2010

off center gate fold card...


I made this card for a challenge over at Paper Patch Crafts.
I haven't made a gate fold card in a long time, I don't think I've ever made an off center one. {messes with my card OCD!}
So for an off center gate fold I did my score marks at 3 inches, flip the card over then scored at 1 1/4 inches.
I then stamped my vines BEFORE I folded it. If you try and stamp after you fold the card stock does not lay flat.
Fold the card and use a bone folder to get the edges nice and crisp.
I stamp the monkey then colored him with SU & Copic markers. I used the scalloped oval nestie to cut him and the mat out. The banana is an inchie with a mat cut out using the SU scallop square punch.

The monkey hangs over onto the small flap and the banana hangs over onto the large flap. Clear as mud right! LOL

Anyhow... Give it a try and post a picture over at Paper Patch Crafts!! She is giving away a great prize!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awe it is so cute. i love that little monkey