Monday, July 11, 2016

PROXXON Tools

Hey friends..I'm so excited today!!!

Have you heard of PROXXON Tools??

If not well now you have!!!

They are super awesome tiny tools for crafters. I have the Thermocut and I used it for the first time today. OK....I'll start off with a quick warning..do NOT touch the hot wire...there is a reason it's called a hot wire cutter. With that being said if you know me...I touched the wire..yep...HOT.

OK anyhow This is what it looks like:


The tools are really light and the body is made of plastic. Could be super portable too. I could totally throw this in a big 31 bag to go to a crop or something. Just plug it in and let it heat up...again don't touch the wire. Then it's ready to cut. 

I decided to make a wind spinny thing out of a two liter soda bottle. 
I rinsed out my bottle and let it dry. 
Then I set my PROXXON Thermocut heat setting to 5
I cut off the bottom & top of the bottle.
Then I did a spiral cut on the rest of the bottle.
It was my very first time using it and my cuts are not 
straight at all but I'm happy with how it turned out.


I added a few beads to the bottom of it so it would hang like I wanted it to.

Hey do me a HUGE favor and go like PROXXON Tools on Facebook too. 

They have some simply awesome tools and I can't wait to get my hands on more of them!!

1 comment:

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Your spiral cuts are too cute, Chris! These would make great Christmas decorations, too!